Saturday, February 28, 2009

One Down, Two More to Go

Last night's performance went well. It looked like a good crowd, but you'll have to forgive me if I can't give an exact head count. After all, you must remember: Carlos is the one confessing to the audience for 45 minutes, and not me. I'd like to thank everyone who showed for opening night.

I think the listing as one of the Festival's "5 That Sound Cool" in yesterday's The Fresno Bee definitely gave the show some exposure. I've been happy with the attention the show has been getting. Don't forget that there are still two chances to catch the show, which will be on Wednesday, March 4th at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, March 7th at 6:15 p.m. at the Spectrum Art Gallery at 608 E. Olive, Fresno, CA 93728.

I need to give thanks to the following people who have helped me in some way or the other with promoting my show:

-to Community Alliance, The Madera Tribune, and The Fresno Bee for publishing information regarding my show;

-to Aileen and Tony Imperatrice for allowing me at the last minute to give a teaser at Ashtree Studios (1035 N. Fulton, Fresno, CA 93728) as part of Rogue Hop back on Thursday, February 26th. Don't forget, check out Aileen's artwork at Ashtree Studios and get a chance to "Meet the Artist" on Sunday, March 1st at 2:30 p.m. and Friday, March 6th at 6:15 p.m. Additionally, don't forget about Tony Imperatrice's "My Big Organ Show," which has showings at Ashtree Studios on Friday, March 6th at 8:45 p.m. and Saturday, March 7th at 2:30 p.m.;

-to Veni Vidi Vici's (1116 N. Fulton, Fresno, CA 93728) for allowing me to me to give a teaser back on Thursday;

-to Spectrum Gallery (608 E. Olive) for being a cafe venue as part of the Rogue Festival, and to Bruce and Brad (the venue managers) for their help with my show and other shows that are taking place there;

-to the following Tower District establishments for allowing me to distribute fliers for my show: Irene's Cafe (747 E. Olive), The Revue Cafe (620 E. Olive), Spectrum Art Gallery (608 E. Olive), Ashtree Studios (1035 N. Fulton), Palomino's (805 E. Olive), The Tower Theater (815 E. Olive), Piemonte's Deli (616 E. Olive), and Bobby Salazar's (725 E. Olive).

-to the faculty, staff, and students at the Madera Community College Center for their interest in and support of my artistic endeavors. Specifically, I'd like to thank Jay Leech, my friend and colleague, for his help with the promo videos that have been part of generating interest in the show;

-to the Rogue Festival coordinators in general for allowing me to perform and share my talents
with others;

-and, most of all, to my wife Stephanie for her constant support in all that I do and, for this show in particular, for your suggestions, your help with my show's props, and your taking a photo that has unexpectedly played a big part in getting exposure for the show.

No comments: